Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Garden Plans...

I know, I feel like I have abandoned my blog already - BUT, I have not. Been working a lot this week. Have some days off this weekend, and will blog away. Planning my garden has been quite fun! I am toying with lots of different ideas.

Mason Jar Herb Garden
#1 - My Kitchen Herb garden.  I am in search for Mason jars of all sizes, because I just love the idea of a kitchen full of these cute little plants. And my kitchen window looks out my backyard, and I would love to make it so the backyard garden is visible from my kitchen window. This and the pond in the background will make me a happy camper. And when it warms up, and the horses come back around, we can feed them!

#2 My Patio Garden. This is my new plan. I have thought about adding some furniture to my back patio in preparation for the warm months of pools and whatnot. Well, I can utilize my patio for hanging plants. The small amount of research that I have done says that I can grow the following in a hanging style: Tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants, beans and peppers. This may be a crazy thing for me to say, but I have never had an eggplant. But, I will try them. I am also looking for some inexpensive plant stands to have some plants on the patio that do not require direct sunlight. At first, I was thinking ferns and those types. But, I have learned that lettuce and spinach will thrive in this type of environment, so I shall thy this on the patio.

At Lowes, for $15...
#3 My Backyard Garden. This will be the bulk of the garden. I have found these cute raised beds for kids. I am thinking of getting three, so each kid will have their own part of the garden. I think they would enjoy that! As for mine, I am still working out the plans, but I have the placement, and my list of seeds to get. And we are heading to Home Depot this weekend for a Kids Workshop, so I am excited to browse. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment