Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My window garden sees some light...

It has been 10 whole days since Malakai and I planted our window garden in preparation of the warmer days and the beginning of our outside garden. In those 10 days, we have had 6 or  7 days of rain, one day of snow/rain mix, and a birthday weekend, and Valentine's Day. :-) Most of the plants have made at least SOME progress. Others, I will have to try my hand at again next weekend. (Since I am off again) I was excited to find a pretty reasonably priced raised bed garden kit at Sam's Club. This will be my choice, unless I get some extra energy and time, and build one.  Below is my photographic overview of my window garden's progress... until the next check in!
Sweet Basil was one of the slowest starters
BUT, finally came to play. :-)
Both Tomato plants are sprouting correctly,
so keeping my fingers crossed!

my Thyme wasted NO time. LOL
Sage was one of those I was talking about.
They don't seem to want to grow.

the Rosemary just sprouted yesterday.
The photo isn't clear, but the Parsley is doing well.
I am excited at how wildly the Chives are
progressing. :-)
the Cilantro was growing downward into the dirt.
I removed some of the top soil, and they appear
to be going toward the sun now.


Cucumbers are the tallest. Eager cucumbers...
Lastly, the Orange Sun Sweet Pepper is
NOT growing at all. This is a sign that the
chili/pepper garden I should have started is
playing tricks on me now. Haha





2 comments:

  1. I found this cool garden tracker site thingie. http://myfolia.com/ I am playing around with it, I really like the timeline thing, since I am so unsure about when things are supposed to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I am having to start over this Sunday. With our dog passing away, and craziness at work, I failed to give my garden love and it died. :-(

    ReplyDelete