Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl in my SUPER BOWL aka my Crockpot! (#6)

SUPERBOWL MENU a la my SUPER BOWL... :-)
SUPER BOWLS 2012 :-)

1) Little Smokies
2 )Pulled Root Beer BBQ Chicken Sammies
3) Cheesy Bean Dip

OH man! This is DELISH!!!

 

1) Little Smokies - Quite Simple. Add your Little Smokies (we used beef, since some of those eating don't eat pork.) Add your favorite BBQ sauce. We like sweet, so we opt for a Honey version. Place your CP on low, and simmer away. Perfect for Game Day!

2) Pulled Root Beer BBQ Chicken Sammies - I got this from my best friend of 10 years, Beckie Jo. She is a lady that knows my love affair with Root Beer. And I will admit, Root Beer sandwiches seem weird, but I am trusting her on this one. She used pork, and I have found recipes for beef, but today we are substituting chicken since this family LOVES chicken.
WOW! Root Beer and my CP! <3

Chicken (I used skinless/boneless chicken breasts)
1 bottle of  Root Beer (we like the Walmart brand, it's extra sweet!)
2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce (I like any that is honey based)


First, you place your meat and enough root to cover the meat in the CP on high. Cook 4-6 hours. Then you pour out 75% of the root beer and add 1 to 2 bottles of your BBQ sauce, and let cook for an additional 2 to 3 hours. I shredded the chicken when I removed most of the root beer. I could be fancy and list all these ingredients that make up BBQ sauce, but HEY... I am a mother of 3, and it's easier to do this semi-homemade! :-) And the verdict - AHmazing! The smell that filled the kitchen was to die for, and this is definitely a regular on the Crook menu now, and I recommend it! The chicken was so tasty and tender! Thanks Best Friend! 

3) Cheesy Bean Dip - pair with corn chips, tortilla chips, and some salsa - a HIT!

1 pound of sharp cheddar cheese
1 can of refried beans (reduced fat, if available)
2 cups of salsa

Fat Free Beans, Low Fat Sharp Cheddar and Salsa
Stir and ENJOY!

Ok, with these I cheated. With only 2 CP's I decided to prepare this in a pot on the stove. I have given the directions for when I prepare it in my CP, but stove top is the same directions. Cut the cheese in small cubes, and toss in the CP with the can of Beans, and 2 cups of salsa. Stir until the consistency is the same throughout. You can put this is a serving dish, or leave in on WARM in your Crockpot so it is perfect throughout the game, and Madonna's HALFTIME performance. :-) Sidenote - we doubled this recipe since we are a family of dippers.










Now, Kelly Clarkson is singing, I am gonna watch and EAT! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment