Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Fitness Journey...

November 2010 (206 pounds of BLAH)
 This was me during a book signing in November of 2010. NO, I was not pregnant. I had my final child 8 months prior. EKKK. I did not let these pictures take a real toll on me until around February. I am not sure what happened - but here is what I can recall. One of my best friends, Samantha had just had her beautiful baby girl (my Goddaughter) Astrid Lashay, and she also struggled with weight her whole life, and we just kind of leaned on each other for support. We did not follow the same plan, but it didn't matter because:
1) We worked together, and that always helps!
2) We both incredibly love food.
3) And we go to the beach together, and had a mutual goal to look AMAZING! :-)
November 2010 (206 pounds of BLAH)

Living on a budget, cooking for a husband (who doesn't need to drop any pounds) and 3 kids who do not need to live off of rice cakes and granola (LOL) - I looked into cleanses, Weight Watchers, Low Cal, Low Carb, Low Flavor, etc... Nothing seemed to work for my life or wallet, except for the concept of Weight Watchers. I was able to find everything I needed to participate in the concept, as long as I had the will power. I downloaded a comparable app for my phone, got a book to track what I consumed daily, and began to make a plan to work out. NETFLIX is an amazing alternative if you cannot afford a gym. Since it was POST NEW YEARS RESOLUTION February, I was able to find a mat and weights in the clearance department at Target. These along with the never ending workouts provided by Netflix, and will power - I was ready to go. (Fighting, kicking and SCREAMING though...)

This is the lady, and the book that helped this process like NO other!
Another HUGE helper in my ongoing process is Hungry Girl. I own the books, subscribe to the newsletter and follow on Facebook. She makes incredibly NORMAL meals for normal people trying to drop some weight. In fact, this lady and I did a Superbowl Feast a la Hungry Girl. If you struggle with weight loss, or just coming up with new meal ideas - try this lady out for size. Hungry Girl that is, Samantha is taken. :-)



So the journey began. I counted points, made better life choices, worked out 3 times a week, and magic began to happen. All of the sudden, I was seeing 190...180...170, and 160!!! 46 pounds later, and during the process, here is what I looked like.
She has been my rock in this process, her and I have and are still doing SO great!

This is me, just months after that terrible picture was taken!

July 2011

June 2011
My 27th Birthday - 160 pounds!!!




I post this blog, as a reminder to stay on track! I still have my partner in crime, Samantha. Support is more via text since we no longer work together, but we are still there for each other and still making progress! Keep up for more fitness related posts. We are going to be looking all kinds of SEXY for Valentine's Day. Mark my word! Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. I am so so proud of you. Im also incredibly thankful for your help and support! I love your skinny face!

    ReplyDelete