Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Barbieyaki Tatoes (#4)

OK, so I am cheesy when it comes to naming stuff. (Obviously) But, I am a POTATO fanatic! And my kids, not so much. They love mashed potatoes, and I can add stuff that way, but that gets a little boring. So, these came about due to about 50%accident and 50%laziness. I made a pork roast in the Crockpot last night, and for day 2 of the roast, I had to work late - and I know that my kids would love if I made them Barbieyaki Tatoes.
Ingredients are as follows:
  • As many delicious potatoes as you will need for your meal.
  • Teriyaki Sauce
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Red Pepper Flakes
  • Butter
  • Water
  • Salt/Pepper
Turn the CP on high, toss in the potatoes. Add your salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to your liking. I used 7 potatoes, so the next part will be to that portion size. Add 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and 1/2 cup of Teriyaki sauce. Place 3 tablespoons of butter on the top, in various spots. Put the lid on, and let cook for about 4-5 hours. Feel free to read a book, take a walk, go to work! Gosh, I LOVE my Crockpot! This thing allows for awesome meals and MORE free time. I need like 4 more Crockpots. One of those wide ones, so I can make "CUP"cakes. YUM!!!I might get remarried, just so I can register for all kinds of Crockpots... My husband, might not like that idea. :-)
Anyhow, this is ALL that was left when I got home this evening. They do have a little kick to them, due to the red pepper flakes, but I LOVE IT! And I am introducing spices to them, so they are more tolerant. The Barbieyaki combination is a interesting one, and one this family truly enjoys.

What kind of flavor combinations do you enjoy, that you might not see on everyone's day to day menu?
Til next time... 


No comments:

Post a Comment