Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Beer Chicken!!! (#22)

I have been in a rut! I have resorted to a good 10 to 12 Crockpot meals that are a guaranteed win for this family, and have not really ventured out of my comfort bubble. While watching all the morning shows that I do not normally get to watch with work - I heard someone talk about their 'go-to' meal of Beer Chicken.

Hmmm.... Can I do this in the Crockpot?

Yes I can, according to a fellow blogger at http://www.mydailydish.com/.

The Ingredients!!!
Ingredients

4-6 Chicken Breasts (You can use a whole chicken also, fresh or frozen.)
1/2 tsp Basil
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1 bottle Beer






Toss it all in your Crockpot and walk away. How long do you ask? It depends:

FRESH CHICKEN
3-4 hours - HIGH
7-8 - LOW

FROZEN CHICKEN
4-5 - HIGH
8-10 - LOW

The recipe I found used Garlic Powder, Basil, Paprika, Salt and Pepper. She also stated, she used those because that is what she had. :-) Good deal, because I was out of Paprika, and we LOVE LOVE LOVE Crushed Red Pepper in the Crockpot! So please, take chances with the spices you and your loved ones enjoy! You know your taste buds best!!!
The finished product!
 


The Verdict:

YUM! Kids ate it with Mac & Cheese, Hubs ate it with Beans and Rice, and I ate my wrapped up in a corn tortilla. Totally a new one in the Crook Family rotation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment