Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

1984

After a LONG day of figuring out how to use an E-Book.
Haha, I guess I am pretty content with my paper pages.
Here goes nothing!
My friend, Kristyn, and I are doing what most people hate... We are reading the books those crazy schools require you to read when you should be tanning at the beach, or whatever kids do during the summers now. We found a list titled, "101 Books to Read Before You Die," and we are doing two a month. Tonight I start reading 1984. A book I have always wanted to read for no particular reason other than the simple fact that it was the year of my birth. Silly reason - YES! So, like I said before...
Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment