Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cupcake Pot Pies and My Issues with Chicken...

Chicken. I love chicken. But, I am picky with my chicken.

I don't want skin, and I sure don't want a bone. I don't do fried chicken. Well, I can cook some mean fried chicken - but, me eat it? No thank you! The texture of the skin - not my thing. I can't eat chicken off of a bone. In fact, I don't really like meat on a bone. I can eat ribs, but I am always told I waste meat. Something about maneuvering around a bone weirds this lady out! So, I have chicken on a bone with skin marinating for my family to eat tomorrow night for dinner while I work late at work. I don't want them to suffer for my weirdness with foods!  (Chicken rant over! Ask me one day about pickles...)

Chicken Pot Pies on my Birthday Bucket List to make. So here goes my attempt. I am going to make Cupcake versions for my kids for lunch. Wish me luck!

Ingredients
Prepping for the Pot Pie Cupcakes

  • Canned Biscuits (I used my family's favorite & want I had on hand - Honey Butter Biscuits)
  • Mixed Veggies of your choice (My kids love Sweet Peas & Carrots)\
  • Chopped up chicken, cooked
  • Can of Cream of Chicken coup (I had Cream of Potato with Bacon, so that is what I used - plus, you can NEVER go wrong with bacon)
  • Cheese (which I omitted because we are a family who is 80% lactose intolerant, and the soup will be enough)
  • Spices (Onion powder, garlic salt and basil)
HOW TO

Very simple:
  • Take EVERYTHING, sans biscuits and mixed it up.
  • Press the biscuits into your cupcake pans and press up the sides.
  • Scoop your mixture in, and fill it up good.
  • Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes depending on your biscuits and voilĂ !
RESULTS

Final Product
And the results... The kids LOVED it. :) Bacon was a great addition. I had extra mix, so I also made a larger one for dinner! This will become a regular in my meal planning rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment