Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

29 things to DO before I hit the BIG 3-0!

28 things in my 28th year FAILED. Haha, I accomplished  6 of them. Six? Come on Catherine! You are better than that! Six?

Anywho... Here comes year 29! And it's a BIGGIE. Last year of my 20's. When did I get old? A few amazing things came out of my list last year:

1) I made it back home to California. I got to spend some amazing time with some amazing people. Stayed with my BEST FRIEND, Beckie; stayed with my amazing older brother, Paul and his beautiful wife and daughter; stayed with my beautiful Mom, and my awesome Stepmoms drove all the way down and we visited with family we haven't seen in years. My Aunt Dawn and Uncle Ed are some of my favorite people! Drank a LOT of coffee during that trip. Lots of good, long overdue coffee.

2) Our Book Club Rocks! We are on our 3rd book, and just had our 2nd meeting. Good food, good drinks and good people. So what if it started off with like 12 people, and then there were Four. We are Four Strong. Maybe that should be the name...

3) I love painting. Went to Easley Amused with Kristyn, and I want to go all the time and paint all the time.

Now on to my "29" list.

1) Florida. This has been on my list since I moved to Mississippi 6+ years ago. Had the opportunity to go this year, and then life got in the way.
2) Garden. - We are in a new place, and I would like to start my garden again. I am going to do herbs in the kitchen, and I shall figure out some stuff to plant outside. Get the kids involved too. Maybe we can find some stuff to recycle as planters.
3) Pot Pies. - You know, this has been on my list for 2 years. I am going to do it this year. I think the kids will LOVE that they can be individual. Maybe, I will make a dinner party out of it. A POT PIE POT LUCK!
4) Go Wine Tasting with the Mister. - I <3 Wine. The Mister is new to it. I am going to find a place to take him tasting as a date. *FINGERS CROSSED* he will like it!
5) Go back to school. - I know what I want to do, and the kids are old enough now to allow me time to concentrate. I am going to do what I need to do to get back, even if it is just part-time to start.
6) Maintain Book Club. - We are 3 months in, and I would love to be able to have maintain this new and improved group ALL year. Themes and all. :)
7) Family Pictures. - This will only take ONE day and has been on my list for 2 years now. HAHA, I take more pictures that I will ever need, but I have like 12 in total of ALL five of us. That needs to change STAT!
8) Become a Member at Church. - This takes 4 Sundays. I usually work Sunday's, I will find 4 to get this accomplished.
9) Date Nights. - We make time. Which I truly do think is key, but I would like to make MORE time. More regular.
10) Become more routine. - I have started this with set bedtimes, and trying to wake up times, and small routines. In the next 2 years, I will have 3 kids in school. Well, that seems like it might be easier - this will require more work. Homework, afterschool activities and such. I am going to routine all 3 together early.
11) Kick the soda. - I need to kick caffeine. And this is an easy way to maintain/lose weight. Plus, if I had to choose between a soda or a beautiful cup of coffee - Coffee wins EVERY time.
12) Write more letters. - When unpacking, I found all these awesome hand written letters from grandparents, cousins and friends. It was awesome. My kids were in awe of these "letters." In a world of Tango, Skype and Facetime, handwritten letters are things of a museum. I love Snail Mail.
13) 5k. - I love to walk. I miss doing these with Beckie.
14) Mom's Night Outs. - Like our Book Club, I would like these to become regular. And more drunk. LOL
15) Take a Family Trip. - Anywhere.
16) Quit biting my nails. - I have a feeling this one will ALWAYS be on my list.
17) Send out Christmas cards. - I actually made Christmas cards and found them months later. Guys, you will probably get cards from us in November, but it will be this year! Haha
18) Figure out how to work in Books/Reading. - With the demise of book stores, I need to explore other options.
19) Tattoo. - at least ONE of my many planned.
20) Go to the beach. - I went to San Diego this year, and didn't go. CRAZY!
21) Go to the Romance Writers Convention that I believe is in New Orleans this year. -  Or one in Houston. Whichever is more convenient for Kristyn and I. I need a FANGIRL moment bigger than my heart can handle.
22) Paint. Easley Amused or elsewhere.
23) Make a memory quilt. - Shirts, baby blankets, curtains, wedding stuff. I want to make an AWESOME memory quilt.
24) Buy a "new" car. - New is in "new" because it just needs to be new to me. LOL
25) Have a BFF trip. - Weather it is seeing 50 shades in Texas, celebrating the big 3-0 in Vegas, me and the BFF are seeing each other this year!
26) Make tamales, at least once this year. - this is probably the thing I missed the most about the holidays as a child. Helping make tamales, and it has been 2 years since I have made them in a larger quantity. Maybe New Year's...
27) Plan a trip to visit my Dad in Montana. - Malakai really wants to see where Grandpa lives, and I just adore small towns. And I adore my Dad. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Also, Malakai thinks he wants to live there when he is 18. (Mainly because the fishing license is cheaper there than in Mississippi. But I told him he could look into going to college there. He liked that idea.)
28) Send ACTUAL Birthday cards, on time. - Back to the Snail Mail. And the fact that I love Birthdays. And I think everyone does too. It is your day to feel special. I would like to help with that!
29) Read my Bible. - I have started, I would like to finish. I think it is very important. I choose to read it a little each day to ensure I understand it all. And I think, the kids and I will talk about it too.


What would be on your "BUCKET LIST" if you took the time to make a list? I would love to know. Maybe, it will be on BIG 3-0 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment