Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Friday, August 23, 2013

A New Series and Ramen Noodles in my Crockpot!

Hello y'all!

Today marks a new adventure for me. I have decided to venture into the world of Ramen noodles. A must have for my daughter. She would eat them EVERYDAY if I would make them for her. I have the cookbook, '101 things to do with Ramen Noodles,' but I want to take it a step further and utilize my handy dandy Crockpot. Wish me luck!

On another note, I have found a new series with a new Fictional Boyfriend for me to go GA-GA over! The Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. It stars a strong female lead, by the name of Catherine. Just call her Cat. Unless you are Bones, a Vampire who is a bounty hunter of sorts; he calls her Kitty, Kitten or just about anything else that she doesn't want him to call her. His English accent is heavenly and together, Cat & Bones makes an epic team. A 1/2 Vampire who hates vampires, and the vampire who loves her.

I am just about done with the 1st book, and I have gone ahead and ordered anything else I could find with this series. There is the series itself, along with novellas and a spin-off series where your favorite supporting characters become the lead. I love that concept after how much I fell in love with the Love at Stake series and that type of approach.

Anywho, I will keep you updated on my reading of this series! If you are looking for a new good book, try this out!

Jeaniene Frost's page!

No comments:

Post a Comment