Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

April was a Mess!

April was filled with frozen chicken nuggets, pizza rolls and so much more. (I am sure the kiddos were in HEAVEN!) But, I am back. I have figured that my Crockpot is a way to cook and still get my reading in. I am in the process of planning the ENTIRE remainder of May out for meals, and the ones from April that I will keep on my list are:

1) Chicken Tortilla Soup
2) Apple Coffee Cake
3) Baked Potato Soup
4) Chicken Parm
5) Orange Chicken
6) Honey Garlic Chicken, I made this - kids loved it, but did not use my CP.

The other recipes I am going to try this month are:

7)Asian Beef with Mandarin Oranges
8)Sloppy Joes
9)Sweet & Sour Chicken
10)Crock Potpie
11)Chicken & Rice
12)Lemon Chicken

In between, I will be playing with the idea of Spaghetti in the CP. I have not yet come up with one I like. And this is a staple dinner in my house. So, back to the drawing board. :-) Oh Happy May!.

No comments:

Post a Comment