Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Peach Dinner Under 300 (#2)

I had a good bit of grilled chicken leftovers after I made the chicken salad, so what was I going to make?

In the cabinet I found canned and russet potatoes. So, here is what I tried:

1]Chopped up 1/2 cup of grilled chicken with a little bit of basil. (116 calories)
2]Wedged up a 1/2 russet potato. (55 calories)
3]Finally, I used a 1/4 can of no sugar added/light peaches. (45 calories)

This serving was 216 calories and a FULL plate.

The potatoes and chicken were already cooked from the night before, so I tossed them on the grill with the measured amount of peaches. I grilled it up and enjoyed a delicious meal before my husband and I went to the movies. The basil was a perfect touch to pull it all together. I am on this pretty serious basil kick. (We would normally pig out on fatty movie food, but this was filling enough to get me through the movie without too many nacho cheesy popcorn, dibs, large Icee cravings.  )


This will be a regular on the menu again very soon! I am going to try the fruit additions more often now that I am not so scared of the two inter-mingling on my plate! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment