Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts.

"...booksellers really are a special breed. No one in their right mind would take up clerking in a bookstore for the salary, and no one in his right mind would want to own one - the margin of profit is too small. So, it has to be a love of readers and reading that makes them do it - along with first dibs on the new books." (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Shaffer & Barrows)

Saturday, July 6, 2013

My imagination has ran WILD!

When I started reading the Stephanie Plum series, I swore to you I saw Ranger and his endless supply of Rangeman vehicles in their signature black EVERYWHERE I drove. (Mind you, I do not live in New Jersey, and I am sure he has zero reason to be in Mississippi.) I dreamt of Dublin for weeks while reading the Fever series, and saw flashlights and headlights (MacHalo) everywhere I turned. I am definitely more sarcastic when reading Darynda Jones, my co-workers would vouch for that. And the list could go on. I take on what I am reading with FULL FORCE. I don't think it I mean to. It kind of reminds me of when certain people go on vacation and come back sounding Canadian. (Eh?)

That is me with books. When I visit new towns, countries, dimensions - I lose myself. I spent 6 books with Richelle Mead in Montana and a few other places like Russia. Currently, I have to concentrate really hard to find a gateway so I can visit the Shadowlands with Michael and Nikki. (Thanks Michelle Rowen) I need to invest in a world map, and place thumbtacks where I read-visit. :)

I am starting the Hunger Games book as the start to our "For the LOVE of Reading" bookclub. It is our first choice, courtesy of Katy! I just love that a group of almost and barely 30's WANT to take the time out of life to talk books. It just warms my heart like nothing else quite can. I am so excited for the end of the month for when we first meet up!

Reading has also caused me to find PINEREST-like crafts for bookcases and such. I am gathering supplies for some awesome stuff. I am LOVING life, even with all its bumps. I will see you soon blog! Very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment